Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Centripetal acceleration ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello folks !

I have a few questions so I think I'll make a thread for each.
So if anyone has some time for my little challenges here's 2 questions:

1) Calculate the module of the centripetal acceleration of an object located on the equator for its movement linked to the rotation of the Earth on itself.

2) Calculate the module of centripetal acceleration by its orbit around the sun (if we consider it's orbit as circular).

I'm not good at writing everything "the scientific way" like including drawing the vectors ;(

Just stick the relevant numbers in the standard equations. Or are these just more of your homework questions that you haven't done?

It's the same as swinging a weight in a circle at the end of a rope, calculate the force in the rope. That is how much force is being applied to the object to force it to follow a curved path instead of the straight path it would follow if not acted on by any forces.

I always heard it refrred to as radial acceleration:

Radial acceleration can be found by dividing the velocity squared by the radius.

http://ffden-2.phys.uaf.edu/211_fall2002.web.dir/Sarah_Schlichting/Acceleration.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back