Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ccd scanner programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

hani_a

Hello kind people out there,

First of all, I really appreciate your willingness to help.

As for my project, I'm trying to program the scanner via a microcontroller using "c". I'm also using the UART to connect to the microcontroller and I have established a direct connection with the scanner. In other words, I give it instructions and I do notice that on some the scanner's behavior changes. For example, on some commands you notice the flashing LEDs remaining lit, or sometimes they remain lit and blink at a much slower rate than the original rate. Now my questions to you are:
1) I have currently tried to have the scanner buz, so I give it the following command in c:
.. (1200 buad rate, 8n1) all set ..

while(1) {

putchar(0x1b);
putchar(0x54);
putchar(0x0d);

}

do you think that i don't see the response i expect because the buz should last for only 150ms? in other words, should i send the signal in the while loop 5 or ten times to expect a response??

2) The output signal of my microcontroller is 0 & 5V. I assume, but not 100% confident that it's a TTL signal. Since the scanner requires invert TTL, i have tried to send the scanner the invert logic of <0x1b, 0x54, 0x0d>, in other words, i've flipped the bit pattern making the 0's 1's and the 1's zeros to obtain <e4, ab, f2> do you think that's correct? ( i haven't tried that yet!)

3) Since the microcontroller submits the data packet beginning with the lsb, i have also tried to submit the signal as: <4f, d5, 27>, but w/no response.

Thanks in advance and again, thanks a million for your time!

Hani A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back