Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

C.D Lenz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything remotely modern is prealigned, and doesn't require any adjustment.

If you've got a problem with it, then you should replace the entire laser assembly.

E2K said:
the problem is c.d disk does not moving and i think lenz can no read the disk.
The servo has to move the disk before the lens can come into play. Where do these quaint notions come from? Must be third world physics.

Papabravo said:
The servo has to move the disk before the lens can come into play. Where do these quaint notions come from? Must be third world physics.

Actually he's right, and you're completely wrong! :D

Except for the very first CD players (which used an LED and photodetector to see if a disk was in), CD players work like this:

1) You put the disk in.
2) The laser tracks to the inside edge of the disk (where it hits a limit switch).
3) The laser then tries to focus on the disk.
4) If it can't get a focus lock then it decides there's no disk inserted.
5) Only once it's focused on the disk is the disk actually rotated, when the laser then tries to read the TOC.

In this way it saves the cost of a disk detector.

There you go again being pompous Nigel. Many transports give the motor a little kick even when there is no disc inserted. That doesn't really square with your scenario. I do work with them all day long and I just might know a thing or two.

I repair them all day long - and almost all CD players don't move the disc at all until the laser has focused on the disk - I can't even remember the last time I saw one that did?, but probably not this century.

As for 'pompous', perhaps you might try reading your original post?.

They both could be right, Just different players.

I placed a CD upside down into my CD player(Philip CD931).

It can't detect the disc and after I ejected the disc, it did not appeared to have rotated. I did that three times to be sure.

Please post your experience if your findings differ.

Thank u Nigel
I've tried to lenz focus on th disk. and it is working. But some time disk not readed by lenz until i eject & insert cd again.

E2K said:
Thank u Nigel
I've tried to lenz focus on th disk. and it is working. But some time disk not readed by lenz until i eject & insert cd again.

The first thing to do is try changing the laser assembly. most are made by Sony, or are copies of Sony lasers - they start KSS??? - a typical example being KSS210 or KSS240.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back