Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

breath input

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

I want to convert someone blowing to a variable resistance/current as cheaply as possible...

I was thinking that I could use a cheap fan with a small magnet attached to it and a relay as the input (kind of like a bike computer works) and read that to a pic (ie how many times a sec the rlay is switched) , then output that to something that would control a variable resistor... does this sound like a good way to do it and anyone have any suggestions for components/code? I normally use a PIC16F876.

I live in the UK (london) and am a bit of a beginner at all this!

thanks very much for your help...

If you attach the fan to a DC Brush motor (just a standard DC motor) it will output a current that is proportional to the speed of the fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back