Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Breadboard problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haroun

Hi,
I'm busy with a simple 555 project, trying to make flashing police lights lights. I'm using a 555 timer
per side of lights (left and right)

Whats happening is that as i add components to the breadboard, it affects the frequency of the flashes.
The components I'm adding has nothing to do with the two 555 circuits but still have an effect.

I'm using a 12v Supply with 2A max.
I've also tried adding caps across the rails, these also affect the flash rate.

Sounds like a ground problem. Sometimes those breadboard buss strips, generally the 2 rows located along the top and along the bottom of a solderless breadboard where the voltage and ground rails are typically located, need to be jumpered at their center point to maintain continuity along the entire length of the strip.

creakndale

YOU think the components have nothing to do with the 555 circuit, but since the flash rate changes obviously you're not correct =) The circuit knows better. Can you post a schematic, and perhaps pictures of your breadboard setup?

I've tried posting a pic but it's taking forever for the moderators to check the post. In the mean time I've tried rearranging the components but it still has the same effect. I've also noticed holding my hand close to certain wires also has some kind of effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back