Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bought a AT89s51 first time..help

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryyy

this is the first time i am using a microcontroller...a complete novice....after going thru the datasheet of at89s51 i made a programmer circuit which has:
vcc=5v
rst=5v
psen=gnd
ale\prog=connected to a bc547 collector which in turn has base n collector connected to vcc line thru 100k n 10k resistor, base line with a tactile switch
p1 and p2.0-3 = gnd thru dip switches
p0= vcc thru dip switches
ea=12v
p2.6,p2.7,p3.6,p3.7,p3.3=gnd thru dip switches....

now as per the combination given on the datasheet if i set p2.6 low and rest control signal high...i expected 2 program a byte in the given address location(p1-p2.0-3), the given data(p0 no pull up), if i press the ale tactile switch for some time....

if i keep ea=5v and all control signals low...i expected 2 read the signature bytes....

but i cant or read the signature or any byte. please help......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back