Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ATtiny11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceadwian

Banned
The tiny11 chip from Atmel was obsoleted a ways back, Up till a few months ago mouser had them in stock, now I can't find them anywhere. Is anyone aware of a supplier that still has the tiny11 in both 8 dip or 8 soic packages? Preferable dip but I want soic as well. I need to find a place to get these from before they completely gone. If it's not around 25-50cents per chip it's not going to be worth getting them.

Anyone know a supplier that still carries then?

Just out of curiosity... Why? I had (may still have) some Tiny11, a couple of years ago. Pretty sure they are pin compatible with Tiny13 (my most used). Don't remember what the issue was with them, but there was some reason why I didn't use them on more than one or two projects. I haven't bought any chips for a while, but got tiny13 under a $1 in bulk, still have a good supply.

Will keep an eye on the surplus sites, but seldom see AVR, mostly PIC...

Because the tiny11 in 100pc quantities was only 25 cents each. That's four for the price of one... Pin for pin, mhz for mhz it's impossible to find anything that small useful and easy to program for less money. You can get some PICs for near that price but they're old ones, crippled chips compared to an AVR. I knew I should have bought 100 of them when they were still available in stock at Digikey. They're just absolutely perfect for LED drivers and fast enough for many glue logic apps, and many other things, and best of all I have a programmer and have used them before. I like them best for LEDs, because at 5 volts the output drivers are current limited so they can be attached directly to RGB LEDs with no other components after a simple calibration. I still have about a dozen left, but when you're talking about larger scale 'intelligent' projects the cost per chip is really important, and it's hard to beat a tiny11 costing 25 cents.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back