Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Atmel 89C51RD2 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy_123

Atmel 89C51RD2 questions:

Is it possible to read program out of this chip already incorporated in a device?

Does it have a code protection like PIC?

What programmer and software I need?

I have parallel port PIC programmer and using ICPROG with it, but I can obtain or make the one I need for Atmel.

Thanks

Why it is off-topic?

Is 89C51RD2 a microcntroller?
As far as I know this is not an AVR device.

I am not trying to steal the code, just recover custom device no one has a code anymore.

Andy_123 said:
Why it is off-topic?

Is 89C51RD2 a microcntroller?
As far as I know this is not an AVR device.

I am not trying to steal the code, just recover custom device no one has a code anymore.

oh yea.. I dont think it is out of topic either.
Isnt this a microcontroller forum?

With some help from another forum I was able to upload code and this issue is closed.

BUT QUESTION FOR THIS FORUM:
Is it possible to convert this and some other codes from 8051 frame to a more friendly Microchip PIC we are using now?
Any software packages available for this?

it will be off topic in the forum, but you might try avrfreaks.net for an answer

It would be off topic at avrfreaks.net because that is a forum for AVR microcontrollers, but I knew he would find help there anyway (even if he got a little grief for being OT).

j.

There are a lot of upgrade paths for the 8051 that will let you use the same code with only minor changes. Switching you code to PIC is probably more trouble than its worth especialy if its all in assembly.

I'd recommend Silicon Labs 8051s. They have built in JTAG debug which makes them really easy to debug: you can set breakpoints and step through the code on the hardware itself. They are also faster than the PIC and should need only minor changes to the code.

Brent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back