Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

adding parallel ports to dos 6.22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaston

i have a computer with one parralle port but need three. i bought a isa card that has a port on the card and another on a ribbon cable that plugs into the card. my question is..do i have to con figure anything in dos the make them work. like a config file or something?

No, you just have to make sure that non of the I/O addresses/IRQ's used by any of the ports conflict.

how can you obtain that information? the only thing i could find was msd. but all it tells me is that there are three ltp ports

Gaston said:
how can you obtain that information? the only thing i could find was msd. but all it tells me is that there are three ltp ports

hi,
Look here:

**broken link removed**

On your I/O card they are most likely jumpers, the notes that came with the I/O card should tell you how to set the IRQ's etc.

Last edited:
do i have to con figure anything in dos the make them work.
Not normally. They should be LPT1, LPT2, and LPT3.

If msd tells you that there are three ltp ports, does it not tell you their addresses?

Your BIOS startup or configuration screen will tell you the addresses.

in msd it just says 3 port. i tried to highlight that box and open it but it didn't work. in the bios it only shows the onboard port

hi,
Did you see the parallel port addresses in the link I posted.

Have you tried to write to the port addresses, use 'debug' as you are running
DOS, to do a write/read check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back