Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Add PIC16F628 to MultiSim9

Status
Not open for further replies.

gygabyte017

Hello, this is my first post.

I'd like to create a virtual circuit in Multisim9 using PIC16F628, but it isn't present in components database. How to add it?

Thank you for any answer,
Gygabyte017

gygabyte017 said:
Hello, this is my first post.

I'd like to create a virtual circuit in Multisim9 using PIC16F628, but it isn't present in components database. How to add it?

A 16F628 is a micro-controller (as I'm sure you know), so it can be programmed to do an incredible range of jobs - so you would need a simulator for the 16F628, which ISN'T like a circuit simulator.

There's seems little point in wanting to do such a thing though?.

Nigel Goodwin said:
A 16F628 is a micro-controller (as I'm sure you know), so it can be programmed to do an incredible range of jobs - so you would need a simulator for the 16F628, which ISN'T like a circuit simulator.

There's seems little point in wanting to do such a thing though?.

Well it would be quite useful if you could add Microcontrollers to simulated circuits, mainly because it'd completely remove the need for a development environment and of course you've got all the virtual test equipment to hand then as well.

Of course, you've always got to doubt the accuracy of a simulated circuit. In the past I've only ever found Multisim, which is one of the better circuit simulators, to be occasionaly (and mildly) useful.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back