Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADC0808 Output modes

Status
Not open for further replies.

trevor261

Hello all. This is my first post here, I require assistance with some analogue-to-digital circuitry. For my school project I am building a digital thermometer. An LM61 is connected to a ADC0808 whichs connects to an EEPROM which outputs BCD to 4511B's which drive 7-segment displays. While reading the **broken link removed** for the ADC0808 I noticed that the output is Tri-State. Does this mean I need resistors branching off from the ADC's output to ground to prevent the EEPROM's address inputs from floating?
Also, would a 555 be suitable for providing the 10-640kHz required for the clock input on the ADC0808?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back