Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADC Calculation Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Lets see if I have this right.

R3 will be another Isense resistor, for the "display unit"

U1 will be used to amplify the voltage from the Isense resistor, outout to ADC.

R1/2 acts as the voltage divider from the output, driving U2 acting as a buffer to the ADC.

bit confused about 1.3V referance that is fed into U1/2

Thanks

Did you see the latest schematic in my edit.??
Its uses R7 to make the circuit simpler.
The -1.3V is already available in the original circuit.
The buffer is needed on the divider as the adc expects an input impedance of less than 10K

Attachments

• 0V-30V_modified_PS_latest.GIF
    0V-30V_modified_PS_latest.GIF
    23.8 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
I'm with you now. :) Though we where going to leave connecting directly to R7 as you thought it was unstable.

So its basically only 3 take of point on the board, -1.3V, Gnd and V+ out.

I suppose I should just tap off the + rail to drive a LM7812 for the OPA.

I'll try get all components tomorrow to bread board it. I will keep you up to date!

Thanks Eric!

I'm with you now. :) Though we where going to leave connecting directly to R7 as you thought it was unstable.

So its basically only 3 take of point on the board, -1.3V, Gnd and V+ out.

I suppose I should just tap off the + rail to drive a LM7812 for the OPA.

I'll try get all components tomorrow to bread board it. I will keep you up to date!

Thanks Eric!

hi,
Its important to note that most rail to rail OPA's have a maximum supply voltage of +5.5V, for the this type use a 5Vreg not a 12Vreg.
Lets me know which OPA you buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back