Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adapter of computer speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,
i got a problem with adapter of my speaker whose output ratings are 650mA,18 volts.i want to replace it with a new one.but in the market adapters are available with current rating of 1A or 2A,voltage rating being 18v.will it cause any damage to the speaker if i use one with 1A or 2A rating?Can anyone plz explain what is impled by current rating though different adapters provides the same voltage
thanks in advance

The speakers will only draw as much current as they need, using a higher current adaptor will no hurt anything.
Your speakers only need a max of 650 ma, that means that if you used a smaller capacity adaptor it would not have enough current to power it. Watch the polarity of the new adaptor to make sure it's the same as the old one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back