Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A/D etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKS

10bit A/D

could some one explain me what they say whit this??

is this simple de accurancy of reading of a voltage..???

for example.. 1,236599875465 volts..??/

and what means 10MIPS

does this mean that is can do 10milion times a second one command.???

TKS

TKS said:
10bit A/D

could some one explain me what they say whit this??

is this simple de accurancy of reading of a voltage..???

for example.. 1,236599875465 volts..??/

No, it's the resolution of the converter, and refers to the number of bits (binary) used - so 10 bit can go from B'0000000000' to B'1111111111'. which is 0-1023 decimal. An 8 bit A2D goes from 0-255.

and what means 10MIPS

does this mean that is can do 10milion times a second one command.???

MIPS is 'Million Instructions Per Second', it's likely to be quoted using the fastest command the processor can execute (usually different commands take different amounts of time).

A/D

soow if i want to measure very accurate a voltage should i then make the sheme soow that is use low voltages..???

for example 1,236

and not 23,35 ??

or can you give a good example, i will take a look @ your site (i allready imagine that you forward me to it.)

TKS

Re: A/D

TKS said:
soow if i want to measure very accurate a voltage should i then make the sheme soow that is use low voltages..???

for example 1,236

and not 23,35 ??

or can you give a good example, i will take a look @ your site (i allready imagine that you forward me to it.)

TKS

Yes I would :lol:

My latest tutorial is about using the 10 bit A2D in PIC processors, and I discuss the reasons behind the choices I make.

Basically with a 10 bit A2D you potentially have around 0.1% resolution, you can scale the input to give any voltage range you want - but the output will always be 0-1023, you can multiply/divide this to give the correct voltage readings.

While it's potentially 0.1%, you're not going to achieve that in practice, for that matter how would you calibrate it? - but generally that degree of accuracy isn't required.

ok.

a 10 bit a/d is 2^10=1024 levels

so if your input range 0v-5v, you divide 5 by 1024 = 4.88mv per level

by having a higher bit rate you reduce you QN ratio.

that is the errror due to rounding the voltage level tothe nearest level.
we a/d you can usually set a refence level to set you range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back