Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

74ls04

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called the sign of an inductive sensor, I have my sensor connected to 12V, when the sensor is activated, the signal is 12V, NPN is a sensor, I connect to this signal to 74ls04 in 5V PNP output have, and would my problem solved.

I called the sign of an inductive sensor, I have my sensor connected to 12V, when the sensor is activated, the signal is 12V, NPN is a sensor, I connect to this signal to 74ls04 in 5V PNP output have, and would my problem solved.

HI,
Dont connect a 12V signal directly into a 74LS IC.
Use a simple voltage divider from 12V to step it down to +5V, make sure when the output of the sensor is zero [0v] the lower value of the divider resistor is low enough to pull the 74LS input to a logic 0, say less than +0.5V.

You can post a voltage divider for my project?

hi,
Try this,
I am assuming your sensor can source [ supply ] into the 1K and 470R a current of 8mA.???
If not let me know.

Attachments

• AAesp01.gif
    AAesp01.gif
    3.4 KB · Views: 295
not! I'll test your circuit .. I'm not English, so I have to translate by google translate, and sometimes the translations go wrong .. : \

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back