Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

74ACT00E

Status
Not open for further replies.

beginner2

Hi all,

Have a question here. In the attachment there shows 4 NAND gates. Do you guys know how I can determine which is those each pins on the IC?

Because I try to find on the datasheet but didn't manage to find the pin configuration for the connections in the attachment?
Appreciate you guys' help.

Thank you.

All datasheets show the pin numbers for each of the 4 gates in the package.

Attachments

• 74act00.png
    74act00.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 395
thanks for reply. But how can i know which puns correspond to which NAND gate?
what i mean is for example, pin A0, B0 and O0 correspond to which NAND gate in the circuit?

or every NAND gate is the same one?so we can ramdomly connect them?

Nand Gates

You would go in on 1 and 2 out on 3 = 1 nand gate
in on 4 and 5 out on 6 = 1 nand gate
in on 12 and 13 out on 11 = 1 nand gate
in on 9 and 10 out on 8 = 1 nand gate

Pin 7 goes to GND and Pin 14 goes to +

These nand gates could also be tied together to form any other gate like the:

Inverter, AND, OR, NOR, XOR, and the XNOR.

You would need 5 nand gates to make 1 XNOR gate, the 7400 only has 4 nand gates so you would need one more nand gate to form the XNOR. Every other logic function gates can be made with 4 or less nand gates.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back