Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4N35

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonel

Hi...
If I have a 0.7V AC between pins 1 and 2 on 4N35 optocoupler does I have a 5V output pin 5?
What´s the best way using an optocoupler to detect a corrent zero crossing?
If I have diodes supporting 5A and put two diodes foward and reverse biased between pins 1 and 2 of 4N35 does it work?

Forward voltage for the LED in the opto coupler is 1.2 volts, so no it wont work with 0.7 volt diodes. If you want to detect current zero crossings, use a current transformer. Put a reverse diode across the input to protect the LED.

4N35 - 0.7 Voltage drop

I don´t want to use a corrent transformer, I don´t have space in my board and it isn´t economical...
In the attachment we can see that it´s possible just using diodes to detect zero voltage and zero current crossing!
The diference it´s that I have a much higher current, the maximum is about 10A, so I have to use power diodes (BY359 support 10A) to the current. The zero voltage crossing works with 0.7V diodes (1N4007). The diodes BY359, using in the corrent, has a 1.1 dropping voltage but I reduce to 0.7V.
Do you think I´m wrong or what I have to do?
Help me... I´m a little confused.
Regards
Leonel Monteiro

Attachments

• v-i_phase_displacement_198.gif
    v-i_phase_displacement_198.gif
    13 KB · Views: 3,403
Voltage Drop

So the ideia is having a voltage drop between pins 1 and 2 more than 1.3V, that´s the led voltage!? That´s righ?
Thank´s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back