Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4G/5G/LTE modem for ESP32

Scarebus

Hello folks!

I'm looking for a generic-ish mobile data modem for my project. While Googling, I really cannot see the forest for the trees anymore, seeing anything from €50 to €250 options, ESP boards with a modem on-board, etc.

Question is mostly, what are other people (you ) using? I would like an generic option I can communicate with over GPIO (ESP32 is the current plan, but should support any microcontroller, whatever comms protocol, that's a secondary concern) and plug any random SIM card in (dependening on what networks have coverage).

Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. I did see 2G options, but with these networks quickly going out of business, that doesn't seem like a great option.

Thanks in advance for your time and effort!

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back