Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

220v AC Voltage analyzer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

theangelboy

i would like to build a circuit that will monitor house voltage, and trip off a relay if voltage drops below ~200VAC, if possible (but not critical) to also drop if voltage is ABOVE 250VAC.

response time should be somewhat fast,
(for comparison the reaction speed of an offline UPS switching to battery generated power is enough.)

i do have some experience in building circuits, but i am really black about this....
any ideas from what should i even start???...

thanks in advance to all helpers!!! :)
Ron.

You would start with a small transformer to isolate your circuit from the power line. Full-wave rectify the AC from the transformer and average the rectified voltage with an RC filter (this voltage is separate from the peak rectified voltage that would typically power the circuit). Run this average voltage to a window comparator whose trip levels are selected to activate the relay between 200V and 250V line voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back