Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Understanding the meaning and purpose of LNA_EN, RESET, SDIO, SCLK, IRQ (To MCU)

Don_Wilson

Hi group. I'm considering building a AM/FM/SW radio using the Skyworks Solutions SI4844-B20-GU. In reviewing the pin information, there are several abbreviations that aren't clear in what they are and what they are meant to do. These are RESET, SDIO, SCLK, IRQ (all to MCU) and LNA_EN. Additionally, can you explain how I can best utilize these pins given that most can be connected to a microcontroller unit.

If you would like to review the IC datasheet, it can be found here.

In advance, thank you for your assistance with this. Your comments, questions and knowledge is truly appreciated.

In the datasheet, it says...
IMG_5487.jpeg

This are the communication lines to the microcontroller and a pin to reset the radio.

The function of each communication line is listed in the datasheet here...
IMG_5488.jpeg

And the commands used to request data or implement a command to the radio are in section 5 of the datasheet. The en_lan pin is to enable a device or disable it.

First question, have you programmed microcontrollers before?

Second, have you worked with any type of serial communication before?

If the answer to either is no, I suggest that you start with an easier project to understand/learn the concepts.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. I have done computer programming for 10+ years, but I've not programmed a microcontroller. I have basic understanding of serial communication. I read through the datasheet on this IC. I did read through the datasheet and assumed that these were protocols that allow the MCU to communicate with the IC or visa versa and that there were specific things the MCU would tell the IC to do through these channels. I would like to understand the things that can be programmed in and how these might enhance the project.

Thanks for your reply. I have done computer programming for 10+ years, but I've not programmed a microcontroller. I have basic understanding of serial communication. I read through the datasheet on this IC. I did read through the datasheet and assumed that these were protocols that allow the MCU to communicate with the IC or visa versa and that there were specific things the MCU would tell the IC to do through these channels. I would like to understand the things that can be programmed in and how these might enhance the project.
Read the commands in section 5. That's everything that can be communicated.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back