Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ZoneAlarm Firewall LAN Setings

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinjalgp

I have two computers at my home, both connected via LAN. Out of these one computer is connected to internet while other is configured to access internet via this computer. The computer connected to internet has free version of ZoneAlarm installed in it. Now the problem is that whenever I try to access any website from the LAN computer, I have to allow IP address of that website in ZA otherwise it gets blocked. This doesn't happen if I open any website from the main computer. Setting IP of every website is irritating. How do I solve this? Any ideas?

thats really strange. have you added the IP address of the host computer correctly? one thing i dont like about ZAP is that most of the advanced functionality is hidden from the user. so do check the advanced options and maybe there is something wrong in the options. im sorry i dont have ZAP installed right now so i wont be able to help you much. but all firewalls work the same way for computer that are connected through LAN.

i used to run zone alarm a while ago in almost identical setup (i had three pc). it was a bit delicate to setup although i cant remember all details. what i do remember is that it didn't need setup for every ip on the www, it did need setup for local ip addresses so it could tell who is allowed to go online. as for going online, it was checking any program. once you allow few application you use (email client, web browser etc.) it would stay quiet...

All the applications that are allowed on the main computer doesn't have any problem. The trouble arises when accesing any www content from LAN. My main PC has IP 10.10.96.30 for internet and 192.168.0.1 for LAN while other network pc has IP 192.168.0.2. The firewall always shows connection to IP address x.x.x.x from 10.10.96.30 is blocked whenever any hyperlink is executed from LAN. So I need to allow x.x.x.x to enable access. Already both PCs are set to trusted zone in ZoneAlarm and also Trusted security is set to medium.

BTW which firewall do you guys use? Please don't suggest Kerio as it is going to end their support in Dec '05.

i have zase (suite edition) and it works fine for me. and i have the same setup as you. have you trusted your lan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back