Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Zip TIe Mounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

dknguyen

Most Helpful Member
Is there anything that is like those cable mount clamp thingies that have a sticky back, except that it has a zip tie instead of whatever it has? Like one of those sticky-backed tabs of plastic and there is a zip tie mounted to it.

Just look for one that has a hole in it that you can feed a ziptie through, I doubt you'll find any that have built in zipties.

Last edited:
peel and stick zip tie mounting? That common in commercial stuff check out the 3M web site they make anything you can possibly imagine when it comes to stuff like that!

For what it's worth, I've never liked any of the stick on stuff. If there is any tension on it, it eventually comes unstuck. Use a zip tie, or equivalent, with a screw hole.

Hmmm those aren't any good. I'm just trying to find a way to mount the tail onto the stick fuselage of a plane. I'm frankensteining the fuselage and the wings from two separates kits so there isn't anything made.
It's hard to describe, even with a photo.

Just think of a bundle of 3 thin rods in a 3-point triangular bundle. They are sitting inside a ziplock bag. I have to take that carbon bundle and mount it to a larger square tube. It's easy enough to get the bundle to maintain it's shape...you just arrange it and tie it. But mounting the rods to the tube is harder, especially since the plastic bag is there since I can't just epoxy it down. I can dig holes in the bag though (ie. pass zip ties through holes in the bag to tie rods and tube together). I can't use thread that requries multiple passes through the bag though.

The problem is getting the bundle to remain in the center or the rod since it can slide laterally like something badly tied to a flatbed truck. Torque is also going to be applied to the rods around their length, and this torque must be transferred to the tube which also makes it difficult.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back