Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

zilog microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

I checked out a couple of website's and it seem's the programmer is extremly expensive.

Sure you wan't to go through with this?

i got a cheap emulator for a z8 otp that uses external flash so that makes it reprogrammable 100,000 times. It costs approximately $18.5 :D

check this site, the board could be used as a stand alone microcomputer after the code has been programmed in the flash
**broken link removed**

I wouldn't use that board for robotic's but I guess LED project's or something realted to that.

yeah, this board is too bulky for use with robotics, maybe i'll try a running message display, guess I'll have to stick to the datasheets and z8 user manual for the mean time bec there's not much tutorials out there for Z8, thanks anyway :D

Zilog has new Flash based Z8 chips. Z8Encore.

**broken link removed**

This kit, complete with programmer and C compiler, is only $39 from digikey.

www.Zilog.com should have a bunch of app notes to help you out.

In our school Z8 (OTP :( ) were the ones taught (not PIC)...

I like to ask what is the major difference between this 2 uC?

I like to learn the 2 like gastonanthony said... :D

Hey! I'm also from the Philippines!!Where do you study?still studying?What year?just started learning zilog this past five days, PIC is much more convenient to use, cheaper programmers, more support from users around the world. Zilog has more instructions than PIC, I just chose to study Zilog for the sake of knowing how to use it in the future. And from what I've heard, PICs are less prone to being damaged by static discharges. :D

microcontroller z86e04

help...i need a program to move a character in a 7x5 dot matrix using the zilog emulator and alexan training module...the program starts just like this
.org 00h
.word 0
.word 0
.org 0ch

di
spl.....something lik ...that...
please post the actual program here..thanks...

I really like software for z8Encore. It is very nice, stable, you can do 99% of development without connecting to board because IDE has simulator. Imho, it beats PIC programming hardware (and software) hands down because it gives you ICD functionality using single pin while using simple level shifter 232-TTL. $10 versus $200 (and saves pins).

patsky,

If you need help, you should post some of your code and ask specific question(s).
that is assembler, if you are not familiar with it, just use C.
i have several development kits for Zilog, one of them was with four 5*7 displays.
but code for your application will depend on type of hardware you use to drive LEDs.
you may google "dot matrix driver" to get something like this:
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back