Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Zif Socket Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

duffman

Hi. I'm about to install a Zif socket onto my progger, the wide socket kind. I was hoping however, to prog some little 8 and 14 pin micros. Do Wide zifs adjust for smaller chips? They say they are universal so I have no idea.

duffman said:
Hi. I'm about to install a Zif socket onto my progger, the wide socket kind. I was hoping however, to prog some little 8 and 14 pin micros. Do Wide zifs adjust for smaller chips? They say they are universal so I have no idea.

SIMPLE answer....YES.

duffman said:

Yes, the 40 pin Aries takes everything from 8 pin to 40 pin, 0.3 or 0.6 pin spacing. You obviously have to ensure that the correct pins are connected for the various devices, and you generally have to insert different size PIC's in different sections of the socket - the P16PRO40 is a good example of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back