Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Zhu Hamster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spaaners

My daughter got a Zhu hamster for christmas. Problem is it doesn't work properly inside the hamster ball. Every time it starts the tilt sensor trips out the motor.
There is a design fault as this probleb is all over the net (or at least as all over as it can get :) ).
Would some one be able to tell me which component is the tilt sensor from this pic?
It's only a tenner so if I can just bypass (solder in a link or something) then it will keep my daughter happy..

Cheers, Phil..

**broken link removed**

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Whats the green part, top left of the photo? Sort of looks like a capacitor, but seems a little out of place... Just a guess.

That goes down to 2 micro switches at the front, there is no markings at all on it. Don't think it is what I'm looking for though. Have checked it with an ohm meter and it doesn't seem to change either way up.

I tell you, those thing are premium, cheap Chinese-ripoffs!

-Ben

The toy is for your daughter to play with....not us. ;) Return it to the store where you bought it and get a replacement that works. :)

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back