Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

zero state responce on second order question..

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabliat6

here is the question
**broken link removed**

from kvl
[latex]
v_s(t)-I_LR-V_L-V_c=0
[/latex]
[latex]I_c=I_L\\[/latex]
[latex]\dot{v_c}=\frac{I_c}{c}=\frac{I_L}{c}\\[/latex]
[latex]\int \frac{I_c}{c}=v_c[/latex]

[latex]
v_s(t)-I_LR-V_L-\int \frac{I_L}{c}=0
[/latex]
[latex]
\delta (t)=I_LR+V_L+\int \frac{I_L}{c}
[/latex]

and i got to this equation
[latex]
L\ddot{I_L}+\dot{I_L}R+\int \frac{I_L}{c}=\delta (t)
[/latex]

upon what theoretical basis they say the it equals
[latex]
\ddot{I_L}+\dot{I_L}+{I_L}=0
[/latex]

Last edited by a moderator:
You start off with this equation:

129-nqy23o.jpg

This is rather difficult to work with, so you transform it into a standard second order differential equation by taking the derivative of both sides. The delta equation represents a physical impossibility: a pulse of infinite magnitude and zero duration. Its derivative is undefined. It is useful for theoretical analysis.

By setting the equation equal to zero, what you're looking for is the transient response, not the steady state response. Since the delta equation doesn't have a steady state response (which is one of the things that makes it so useful, especially for Fourier transforms of sampled data) the solution is purely transient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back