Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

zener diode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi everyone,

I studied how zener diodes work and tried to understand it. Partially, I learnt when its states change. However, in a circuit I can't find current and voltage of the components when a zener diode is included. Can anyone show me a way to solve these questions,a strategy or something?

I attached a circuit diagram to illustrate what I said. If you expailn by using this one or some other circuits, It will be much better.

Thank you.

Attachments

• zener circuit.JPG
    zener circuit.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 596
The output voltage would be 10V as the voltage provided by the potential divider is > the breakdown of the zener.

I'll give you two out of three of the current values and you should be able to figure out how I calculated them and easilly get the third.

I1 = 10mA.
I2 = 3.33mA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back