Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

yublazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

yublazy

Hi,
I need to convert 110 ac to 12vdc @6-8 amps, why am I having such trouble finding an adapter/transformer. I'm trying to hook up a 115 db auto horn to announce customers to our warehouse staff who are sometimes 600' + away from the entry...I'm open to suggestions
Thanks

Or a car battery charger would probably be ok if its just for sounding a horn.

If anybody is near the horn when it sounds then they will have their ears blown off!

Units like this one are very common and run about $50 USD for the 7.5 amp versions. Just as an example. Additionally most low end cheap home computer power supplies can be easily hacked to deliver what you want. The link was through Allied Electronics a US parts house.

Ron

If anybody is near the horn when it sounds then they will have their ears blown off!
So likely to be a customer deterrent :)

I was at a car dealer where they rang a peasant bell or gong each time there was a sale, ding, ding, ding, GONG, GONG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back