Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

your weakest link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil Groves

What is your weakest link? mine is rushing projects to find out if they work and how they look, i'm impatient and this often results as happened today in leaving out links (in this case the power supply to the chips)....DOH! also i forgot a couple of breaks in the stripboard!

Neil.

oooh sorry about the bold title, i don't know how that happened......

Last edited:
mine is starting a new project and not finishing the previous, then by the 20th or so, if i complete that one, i have to remember what i
was doing on the first one. lol

My wallet. :)

Ron

Bread Boarding and making more than one change at a time. I keep sticking component leads into the wrong holes (VCC into non-inverting input, Input into GND) and then wondering why the output is whack.

projects + assignments + memory works + problemsolving :p

Letting myself get stretched too thin. On my own, I've gotten to be pretty good about keeping the projects limited to 3-5 at a time. At work and around friends, I let myself get pulled into a few too many distractions.

Letting myself get stretched too thin. On my own, I've gotten to be pretty good about keeping the projects limited to 3-5 at a time. At work and around friends, I let myself get pulled into a few too many distractions.

+1 :D and a too messy to work in workshop!!!

yeah that too, i have a habit of using a tool and putting it down on the bench, then by the end of the day i am in a clutter and thats when things get knocked on the floor and i get mad and make mistakes and thats when it's time to quit for the day and go cool off somewhere lol

Neil.

yeah that too, i have a habit of using a tool and putting it down on the bench, then by the end of the day i am in a clutter and thats when things get knocked on the floor and i get mad and make mistakes and thats when it's time to quit for the day and go cool off somewhere lol

Neil.
And leave it all on the bench. I think I have all of 4 square inches on one of my bench's. LOL

Mine is giving honest opinions in threads when asked for and the getting banned for two days for doing so just before the thread that asked for honest opinions gets deleted for too many negtative opinion remarks being posted.

Yep I went there. :p

I have been in trouble for speaking my mind in other forums, i have come across instances in these forums where a certain couple of people have been a little 'snippy' in their replies to me, but i am going to let it go and be nice instead of fighting back as i want to make friends here and want to maintain a friendly atmosphere, i could have replied in kind and felt justified in doing so but i try to accept people as they are and get on with life.

Neil.

Forgetting that I bought parts for a project and generally not knowing what on earth is going on. :) (My parts stockpile is literally full of CMOS due to my local supplier not having a full range of 4xxx series.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back