Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Your ugliest/largest/messiest/coolest Point to Point Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krumlink

What is your ugliest/largest/messiest/coolest point to point board you have ever done? For me, it would have to be Roger's MCU board which is small and compact, and for ugly/cool it would be my binary clock with lots of wire (ran out of red wire half way through, so its red green black).

Pictures later.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a "Point to Point board"?

Perf board with copper landings. Point to Point wiring. The copper landings are there just to give you something to solder to. Sometimes they use bus strips to give you more than one perf to wire things to.

Ahh. To be honest I cannot recall ever seeing something like that in any Electronic store here in South Africa. Veroboard and development breadboards are common, but not these "Point to Point" boards.

Veroboard is a close match.

Now this was one ugly project. I made this tube amp on a piece of maple. I used heavy gauge copper wire as the ground. I epoxied the ground to the wood and used it as the support base.

I lost the schematic for the circuit, but the plate voltage ran at 12 vdc. Oddly enough it did work.

Attachments

• breadboard.jpg
    breadboard.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 748
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back