Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

you think an EEG machine would cut it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mashersmasher

hey yalls. i was thinking of ways to make a DNI and i thought of the idea to hack up an EEG machine which reads electrical discharges in ones brain. i saw one on ebay for $1400 and now i want to know if it could in theory be used to do simple tasks such as turning on lights or working the fire key for CSS. i know what some of you are going to say and that this would be a gross abuse of medical machinery and to some a waste of money but you have to admit the idea is tempting. i'd need to save allot of money but to me it would be worth it

You really shouldn't use abbreviations and assume the rest of us know what on earth you're talking about. For all I know you are trying to build a new Director of National Intelligence. ;)

Torben

Yeah, almost as interesting as adding a fire button to Cascading Style Sheets.

Torben

i mean a Direct Neural Interface and we all play counter strike i'm sure

For a direct interface you need to add a drill to your shopping list. For a non-invasive approach, I think EEG is your best bet, yes.

And no, I've never played Counter Strike. I prefer role-players or puzzle games (although a quick bit of frantic shoot-em-up action is sometimes fun to blow off steam).

Torben

For a direct interface you need to add a drill to your shopping list. For a non-invasive approach, I think EEG is your best bet, yes.

And no, I've never played Counter Strike. I prefer role-players or puzzle games (although a quick bit of frantic shoot-em-up action is sometimes fun to blow off steam).

Torben

i do too but i'm sure getting all the controls for oblivion wired to my head would be tricky :p

i do too but i'm sure getting all the controls for oblivion wired to my head would be tricky :p

:) Years ago I was into the MetalTech series--that would have been a seriously heavy headset too.

I saw something on the net a few months ago about this sort of thing, but I think to get started, something like Pong would be a good proof-of-concept.

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back