Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

You know you're an engineer when....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speakerguy

...you type in "maxim.com" and get annoyed when half-naked women pop up on your computer screen instead of a semiconductor site.

lol, thats so true!!

I take it you found **broken link removed** one you stopped looking at naked ladies

Have you ever wondered about various ways to turn a transistor or mosfet hard on? Don't search on it.

John

Engineer outlook:

A optimist will look a glass of water and say the glass is half full.

A pessimist will look at the same glass and say it's half empty.

A engineer will look at the same glass and say it's twice as large as needed.
;)

Lefty

How about when your wife wants to buy some fancy gizmo at the store, and you tell her "Nah I can build that" Several weeks later with parts at twice the cost of the original store price and still no working gizmo, you end up going to the store and purchasing the gizmo :eek:

I can't count all the things I have ruined by taking them apart. They just don't ever quite go back together as easily as they came apart. Little springs fly, micro bearings... "Damn, how will I explain this one". You ask yourself.

Ah, Rapp's Law.

Rapp's Law of Inanimate Reproduction:
"If you take something apart and put it back together enough times, you'll eventually have two of them."

Lol... It all makes sense now...

You might be an engineer if . . .
. . . you have no life and can prove it mathematically.

How do you think I developed such a well stocked parts bin ? :p

My daughter was watching an episode of the Brady Bunch the other day, where Greg was working on an old clunker automobile he bought, and had the family come out to look at it when he was finished: he had this huge pile of garbage left over from working on the engine, all spleefed out over the driveway in front of the car. He said, "Oh, I don't need that stuff." I laugh every time...

Someone else here has a good sig, something to the effect that experience is directly proportional to the amount of stuff ruined :)

My daughter was watching an episode of the Brady Bunch the other day, where Greg was working on an old clunker automobile he bought, and had the family come out to look at it when he was finished: he had this huge pile of garbage left over from working on the engine, all spleefed out over the driveway in front of the car. He said, "Oh, I don't need that stuff." I laugh every time...

Someone else here has a good sig, something to the effect that experience is directly proportional to the amount of stuff ruined :)

That is so right on. I now have a room full of junk I will never use, and I now buy everything, I build nothing.

Except the occasional experiment or two :)

Now if I could only get the will power to throw away this $500.0 a month worth of real estate junk...

I now have a room full of junk I will never use...and I build nothing...except the occasional experiment or two.

I know, I know, so many parts and not enough time to put it all to good use - BAH!

(Recently though, I acquired an old [24year old] but NOS Beckman VF 1x40 Display for only ten bucks off eBay. The thing is so beautiful I had to cobble up a small BS2 board to drive the thing. So it sits here next to me scrolling out canned messages. I also just finished a gamma scintillator that I built into an old CDV-715 can. Now it's time to move on; I'm back to reading...)

I guess our passion never yields but our interest might, as I now have a bench full of agar dishes growing Pglow plasmid modified E.Coli.

I thought maybe someday I may be able to bring electronics and biology together (Although it is already being done), as I think many electronic functions mimic biological functions. Biology just did it first and much smaller.

Last edited:
I am a Canadian engineer so typed Maxim Group-Staffing, Hiring and Recruitment Agency, Recruiter of Choice . I got a pic of a fully clothed pretty young lady at a staffing (headhunters) company.

Have you seen Microsoft's "birds eye view" on their maps? (no www) maps.live.com they have much better resolution than Google Earth satellite shots.

EDIT: It got changed. I typed Maxim Group-Staffing, Hiring and Recruitment Agency, Recruiter of Choice, not the big long description above.

EDIT: It got changed again. I typed maxim.ca.

Last edited:
I am a Canadian engineer so typed Maxim Group-Staffing, Hiring and Recruitment Agency, Recruiter of Choice . I got a pic of a fully clothed pretty young lady at a staffing (headhunters) company.

Have you seen Microsoft's "birds eye view" on their maps? (no www) maps.live.com they have much better resolution than Google Earth satellite shots.

EDIT: It got changed. I typed Maxim Group-Staffing, Hiring and Recruitment Agency, Recruiter of Choice, not the big long description above.

EDIT: It got changed again. I typed maxim.ca.

Don't panic AG - your links haven't changed, they still all point to the correct place - it looks like the forum software now inserts the page description for a link automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back