Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

You got to see this! Over Unity Magnetic Device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Varmint

Sorry guys for all the post. I have been very busy between work and building a Short-wave communications receiver, so I got a tiny bit of free time for research.

Look at this Youtube video. Whatcha think? Is it for real?

**broken link removed**

I didn't watch the video but amazingly can answer the question. It's fake! No such thing as an overunity motor and there never will be.

I did read the comments though.
Let me first say this: I really liked your movie. It was, if anything, fun to watch.

That being said, I think the second law of thermodynamics is still safe ;) Given enough time, your system will probably stop - even if you elliminate friction and you run it in a vacuum, you still have magnetic hysteresis to deal with (see here Hysteresis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ). You have to draw energy from somewhere, and if the drain is not apparent, that doesn't mean it is not there.

Your design is really ingenious, but it's not a perpetuum mobile. You should talk to a physics teacher; perhaps there are other applications for it.

It's another overbalanced wheel using magnets. Read this.
https://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/museum/unwork.htm#wheels

Last edited:
magnetic motor

There are many over unity machine displayed in youtube,the reason
many inventors try to make these machines its because they know
that all electric motors are really magnetic motors, so you have
to forgive them for trying to create motion using permanent magnets
only instead of electro magnets which require an electric current
to sustain them something permanent magnets don'nt require,the problem
with them is we can'nt change the polarity to and fro to keep the
rotation going which is what the electric current can do in the
electromagneticctic current can do in an
electromagnetctric current can do in the
e

Sorry for the jumbled message tried to edit dammed pocket surfer would'nt let me
still a novice remember,you guys take no prisoners.

LOL just having fun. Don't take it personally. :)

Your right, the magnets add nothing. A balanced disk would spin just as long, I think the technical term is a top.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
patents granted

US patents were granted to a japonese inventor called Minato for
a magnetic motor a few years ago patent number;5594289 and 4751486
he also recieved patents for the machine in 48 other countries,seems
strange when the policy of the patent office is to ignore such applications.

Edit here's the inventors link.
Minato's motors consume just 20 percent or less of the power of conventional motors with the same torque and horse power.
Nothing to do with overunity, just a claim to better efficiency vs a normal electrical motor.
Kohei Minato: Magnet Motor
**broken link removed**

Edit: Seems his motor has yet to be proven as good as he claims, he also seems to be dipping in the overunity pond near the end of the article.
Ironically, by the time he'd won patents in 47 countries, the Japanese patent office turned him down on the grounds that "[the invention] couldn' t possibly work" and that somehow he was fabricating the claims.
But a few months later they were forced to recant their decision after the US patent office recognized his invention and gave him the first of two patents. As Minato notes: "How typical of Japan's small-minded bureaucrats that they needed the leadership of the US to accept that my invention was genuine."

Means nothing, the US patent office doesn't test the patent... I dunno why they don't grant patents for overunity and perpetual motion garbage, sounds like a free revenue stream for the patent office.

Last edited:
Pipe Dreams.

Means nothing, the US patent office doesn't test the patent... I dunno why they don't grant patents for overunity and perpetual motion garbage, sounds like a free revenue stream for the patent office.

Doing a Patent is like any business why turn down money. There is so much with lawyers patent searches and such. Then you have advertising among the greedy dogs that want to market a product with no potential. I would believe that maybe millions have gone into such ventures. A profit of futility.

They will take there money if they want to give it away on the (pipe dream).

Reminds me of Bilbo Baggins. Bilbo says " And a very fine morning for a pipe of tobacco out of doors, into the bargain.

If you have a pipe about you, sit down and have a fill of mine!"
killivolt said:
And watch your dreams go up in smoke.

kv

Patents may be granted on improvements or enhancements made to products already patented. Just because an item is patented doesn't necessarily mean it is new, radical, or will even work, to a point, anyway.

In Black History studies, it is interesting to note the claim that the resistor was invented by a man of color. Their proof is his patent. Actually, he was granted a patent for an improved method of winding certain resistors.

Title and heading show it's dated Jan 2008, and also says "could it be".

That was enough reason for me to not go any further. If this worked in Jan 2008, it would be on the news Jan/Feb 2008 and shown over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back