Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Yet another Arduino nooB

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Hey everyone i plan on getting a Arduino either today or this week coming.

The main purpose of me getting it is for a CNC machine i plan to build.

But i think it would be good to learn about it regardless. Im starting with the Arduino Uno REV 3 ... i might get it from radio shack since if i order it online the shipping will make it about the same price.

My main goal of making this post is to ask if any one here is also using this for a CNC.

Also are there any good links to adding a AVR to the Arduino library?

What do you mean adding an AVR to the Arduino libray? The Arduino IS an AVR.. Or are you talking about the Arduino IDE?

I thought you were buying an Arduino? Are you trying to build one, or just use one that has a non standard chip? You may want to check the PDF for the specific AVR you're talking about as it may have a compatibility listing. I'm a little confused still about exactly what you're asking.

Im buying one but i plan to use it for testing and a CNC. But i would like to be able to build my own and use stuff others wouldnt.

To sum it all up:

I am buying one but .... I also want to turn a AVR that is not Arduino Compatible as of yet into a Arduino Compatible MCU.

Thanks i plan to do a CNC - ShapeOko:

**broken link removed**

Under $400 which is perfect. I dont need 3D printing as of yet but im sure i will sooner or later. If so ill just upgrade my parts or make a new machine but with 3d capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back