Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Yet another about Stun Guns...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brimby

hi, i did access your site gary and it was nice but un helpful to me. i notice that stun gun designs come in two forms: transistors or the 555 timer. i am trying to build one using the 555 timer design. so aside from direct advice i cannot benefit from you site. sorry!

there is an x on the transformer for this stun gun design, does it mean that it must be tied down? and what does x100 mean?

luke
The "X" is just a Test Point for the Increased Voltage.

If you want to use a 555, it is not a problem, just replace the transistors with a 555 driving the transformer.
BUT if you want a Reasonablypowerful Stun Gun you will still need a transistor to increase the output of the 555.

Gary

now we're getting somewhere

thanks for the advice guys, i also have another question or two. what does the 102 and 103 stand for? i inderstand that they are capacitors but what are their values? also what is the info on the tranformer, how many times turns ratio is required?

...is it safe...

i need to now whether it would be a safe shematic. being that i will build it in my electronics class. and a i don't want anyone thinking that im trying to kill people at school. also sorry about posting a reply so late after te original post was made. ;)

estebanhalo said:
i need to now whether it would be a safe shematic. being that i will build it in my electronics class. and a i don't want anyone thinking that im trying to kill people at school. also sorry about posting a reply so late after te original post was made. ;)

It's a weapon, how can you expect it to be safe?.

I would have thought any school would be SERIOUSLY angry if you took such a device to school, or attempted to build it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back