Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Yaskawa varispeed trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertronic

Dear friends

I was checking a Yaskawa drive reading components by a multimeter, but now when I turn on the driver appears the alarm mesage "SC" and i see in the manual this means the motor is short circuit, but i never connected and i don't have any motor wired to the driver. I've tested the IGBTs module again but the readings are well. Before this failure, during the normal operation works well but the problems occur in the start specially for low frecuencies (under 30Hz) because the driver can`t start up the motor. We have change the power electronic card "ETP615063". Measuring the voltage output disconnected the motor one of the phases is 1/3 part of the other phases so we are thinking the power module of IGBTs have the cause but we need your help to find the exactly problem. Any suggestion?

One interesting topic is in the output of this drive before the motor it is connected a contactor. I think this is could be the cause to the drive failure.
Additional I need to know if the control card of this drive or the entire driver it could be replaced with a new, because I don`t know if it has a special configuration for the Modbus communication with the controller from the Machine. The exactly model for this driver is:

YASKAWA VARISPEED 616 PC5 200VCA 5,5Kw
Model #: CIMR P5D25P5
SPEC: 25P51A

The machine when is working the driver is a Knitting circular machine brand MAYER from Germany. I give you the video link where you could see the machine where the driver was in:
**broken link removed**
Thanks for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

The original problem you mentioned could be due to malfunction of Gate trigger circuits for the IGBTs. Usually it comprices of hybrid modules, that isolates the logic circuits from the power circuits. You could check these parts for problem with oscilloscope to actually find out which module has failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back