Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

xenon light problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

j payne

Hi

I'm really hoping one of you clever guys can help me... I changed the xenon bulb in my e60 BMW and now when I switch on the headlights all the lights go out... Side lights and angel lights work fine but all goes off when I switch on the headlights... What could cause this? Any advice here would be much appreciated!!

Was the replacement bulb exactly the same kind and power as the original bulb? A HID bulb is completely different to an incandescent bulb.
Or was it a Cheap (you know from which country) fake bulb from ebay?

What is the battery voltage when the main headlights are switched on?
Does the BMW have a separate battery for the lights?
Maybe its a dodgy bulb and its actually oscillating on/off at such high frequency that it looks on all the time....the high frequency is creating noise which kills the driver circuit for the side lights etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back