Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

xbox 360 fan idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

yokazuma0

so i heard xbox live/microsoft checks xboxs through connection to xbox live to see if there is a modified fan, or any mods at all. so what i want to do is have fans in the 360, but a cord i could connect to just a wall outlet. is this possible?

hmm, what does that suppose to mean? do you have information i need to know? lol. i have heard it from alot of people. cant tell if its true, but why try something that will own me entirely.

Microsoft has setup Xbox Live to check for mods on your xbox. But it's primarily only for software mods... If you change your fans I don't see any way that they could check for that. Now if you were to chip it... then yea they could tell. But not fans.....

Can anyone tell me why fan is needed for XBox?

What happens if there is no fan? Will the XBox die early without a fan?

Can anyone tell me why fan is needed for XBox?

What happens if there is no fan? Will the XBox die early without a fan?

Even with the 2 noisy fans in the 360, the thing still gets darn hot.

The Xbox 360 is basically a computer, in the fact it has a hard dive, RAm, processor etc, so you can imagine what would happen to your computer if you took all the fans out ...

Simply. I would overheat and not work anymore.

yeah, the no fan idea is like having a vehicle with no antifreeze....baaaad. oh and a way microsoft can check the fans is by clocking the fan speed. the xbox 360 holds records of how fast the fans are spinning. say if i chip it, then the chip gives me a system info screen to where i can check/change the fan speed. the programming is in the xbox 360, just not accessible without a chip to bypass everything. thats a way they can check. It's a ify question, but i believe its possible, and i figure i would have about the same chance of getting caught for pirating music as i would for putting fans in... yet there still is a chance i can get caught and i dont want to have my account that i spent alot of time on get banned for sumthin dumb that should be fixed anyways. why have that happen when i can put sum nifty fans in that keep my xbox 360 at room temp and my nerves at ease?

oh, and if there are no fans, i bet your xbox 360 wont last a day haha. they already have a heat sink malfunction so it doubles the heat and gives 2 red ring lights. but if you get the three, its the red ring of death...of course. but theres always a fix if your interested just ask and i can help you out if you got that. just figure i should say that for anyone reading this and slicing their wrists at the same time because their 360 sucks... ha.

wii's are retarded. try having as much fun on a wii as you have on an xbox 360. wii's are the crappiest thing i have ever seen. i still havn't found a game i can enjoy for more than 30 mins untill it seems repetitive. i give it a 10, and 10 being worst. the only good thing about a wii, is that old people get to exercise... if your one of those people, congrats, but if ur not... your wasting your life away.

I have a decent PC to play games on. An Apple TV to watch movies on. The Wii to play Wii fit & retro games.
I had a 360 for a few days & meh. I'm not a button masher and any decent Xbox game usually has a PC version.
Either way Microsoft should recall faulty 360s (mine red light of death was common) bad cooling design in a pretty box.

yeah, simple fix for us electronic people though...really, its easy for anyone. there are TONS of video tuts on how to make your 360 live through RROD using an X-clamp. they fix it for free, best they can do. you might as well do the x-clamp though. if you have a rrod 360 that you want to sell, let me know lol. i want one. sold my last one to pay for new truck. miss my baby.

i was saying TO use the clamp fix. its amazing and makes you feel better knowing YOU fixed microsucks problems.them B!@#%%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back