Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

WWVB '73 Magazine Article Reprint Needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
Does anyone have a reprint of the 3-part article from '73 Magazine on building a WWVB (60kHz) receiver? The article was in the Jan/Feb/Mar issues in , I think, 1997. The author was Bob Roehrig. Also, any other circuit schematics for building a WWVB receiver would be helpful. Thank you.

My best guess is that you will have a better chance by asking on www.qrz.com

JimB

FAR Circuits makes PCBs for many of the projects featured in amateur radio magazines - and it appears they have a project that is similar to ( or actually is) your project of interest. They offer reprints of the articles too - as far as I can tell.

https://www.farcircuits.net/freq1.htm

captainkirksdog said:
Also, any other circuit schematics for building a WWVB receiver would be helpful. Thank you.

Are you after the timing signal from the MSF transmission?

If so, my advise is to buy one of these ready made modules which does the job far better as they use a sharp crystal filter to block out most of the noise that are in this frequency region of 50KHz to 100KHz. You won't believe how much noise there is in this region coming from just about any modern electrical appliance like TV, computer, monitors, chargers....

Here is another link if you want to try.

**broken link removed**

WWVB article

Captain Kirk,

I can get you a copy if you email me at (my ham call)@arrl.net

Chris

KD4PBJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back