Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wrong voltage comming out of a regulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilimike

Hi,

I am struggling with an issue I am trying to understand but it is not making sense.
I have this very simple circuit which on breadboard I am getting 9V and 5V as expected but on a single layer PCB I am getting the values shown on the attachment:
TestReg.jpg
I have isolated 7805 from the rest of the circuit by splitting the copper trace, I have tried removing C2 and I get the same result. I pulled out 7805 and tested it on breadboard and its good, I also tried a diffeent component but get the same result, I am sure ground is at 0V and the voltage coming out of 7809 is pure DC.

I have been looking and analyzing and looking and analyzing this circuit for the past couple of hours and I can not figure it out!

Mike

Are you sure the regulator pin connections for the 7805 are correct?

Ok...

I wish I could just remove this post and hope that no one had seen it but it is too lane now!

I have designed the part on Eagle and made a wrong move on the 7805.

Sorry about that!

Mike

Happens to the best of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back