Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wrong number genorator or disconected number genorator

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,
Do you want to make something that dials wrong numbers??? Or do you want to make something that tells someone who calls you that they have the wrong number?

If I understand the question, I think he is liiking to generate SIT tones (Special Information Tone) use by many telco's ahead of announcements for wrong numbers, disconnected numbers, all circuits busy and on-and-on.

Do a google search and you will find out the frequency, duration and cadence of the most common types. US and foreign specs aer slightly different frequencies, but the difference is minimal well within the detectable scope of the autodialers used.

If you are looking to defeat telemarketer auto dialers, you can simply download the tones, and transfer them to an answering machine ahead of your announcement and it works quite well. If you are in the USA, the Do-Not-Call registration list works even better, but I used the above trick for 2 years prior to the list being available.

Dialtone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back