Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

writting Software UART 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, im trying to write a software UART , im simulating it in proteus and using a 8051 cpu , 89S52...

Code:
void main()
{

TMOD=0x20;
TH1=-3;
SCON=0x50;
TR1=1;

while (1)
{
unsigned char a;
a=0x41; // Send Characther A
P3_7=1; //
P3_7=0; // Start Bit
delayms(1);
for (i = 0; i < 8; i++) { // send the bits
 b[i] = a & 1; a = a >> 1;
 P3_7=b[i];  // Pin_3.7
delayms(1);
 }

i dont know but in the virtual terminal it should display the chracther A but it doesnt ... i dont know really why

many many thanks !!

i read ur article , can i've the C Code version ?
or at least the project :) ?
i wrote it and it worked , send me ur email and i will send u mine codes and analyze it ...

Last edited:
need software UART 8051

hi,

i need C code for software UART in 8051. because my task is i have to communicate the GSM modem with the 8051 microcontroller. for this i need to receive the message from the gsm and send the msg to the another one microcontroller. so i need two UART. i can communicate the GSM using hardware UART. but i need to communicate the another one microcontroller with this microcontroller by using software uart or any other ways?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back