Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Writing Data to the EEPROM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrix

Need some help guys.

How do I write my data to the EEPROM. For eg: In a PIC 16F84 during processing I want to transfer data into the EEPROM. Can someone please send me a short code(in assembly :wink: ) to do a simple EEPROM transfer.
Another thing, how are the EEPROM address computed. I mean they start from 2000H or something ,how ??

It's all explained in the datasheet!.

You access the internal EEPROM through special data registers, basically one for the address (0-63 in your case) and one for the data. But it's all explained in the datasheet, including the special methods required to write to it.

If you check my tutorials, the IR one shows how to read and write the EEPROM (for storing and restoring the last remote control operation).

Electrix said:
Need some help guys.

How do I write my data to the EEPROM. For eg: In a PIC 16F84 during processing I want to transfer data into the EEPROM. Can someone please send me a short code(in assembly :wink: ) to do a simple EEPROM transfer.
Another thing, how are the EEPROM address computed. I mean they start from 2000H or something ,how ??

Ok, here is how u do it.
First set your eeprom address.
Code:
;EEprom data address
;===================
EEMCNT1		equ	h'00'
then to do a read from the eeprom address,
Code:
;eeprom read
;-----------
eemodrd	bsf     status,rp0      ;Change to Bank1

movlw	EEMCNT1		
	movwf	eeadr		;copy to eedata
	bsf	eecon1,rd	;read data from eeprom address
	movf	eedata,w	
	bcf     status,rp0      ;Change to Bank0
	movwf	mCnt1	;this is where you move the retrive eeprom data to other address

To write to an eeprom,

Code:
;eeprom write
;------------
eemodwr	movf	mCnt1,w ;this is where the data you wish to write to eeprom	
	bsf     status,rp0      ;Change to Bank1 
	bsf	eecon1,wren	;enable eeprom write

movwf	eedata		;copy to eedata
	movlw	EEMCNT1		
	movwf	eeadr		;copy to eeadr
	movlw	h'55'
	movwf	eecon2
	movlw	h'aa'
	movwf	eecon2
	bsf	eecon1,wr	;write data to eeprom
	btfsc	eecon1,wr	;loop till write process is finish
	goto	$-1
	bcf     status,rp0      ;Change to Bank0
Once you declare the eeprom address to a variable, you can easily write and read from it. The code i provide will do general read & write function for eeprom. You just need to replace "mCnt1" to your own desire variable for reading and writing. You can leave the rest of the code and it should work. If you still in doubt, feel free to ask more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back