Write PIC data into matlab serially

Status
Not open for further replies.

mankmanky1

how would you write a pic program in picc18 compiler for a pic18f4431 in mplab to send the letters ‘G’ and 'A' to matlab at 9600 bps serially? All I can send with the code below is the letter 'K' a million times to matlab...

Thanks

#include <htc.h>
#include<pic18.h>

void delay()
{

for (int j=0;j<30000;j++)
{
}

}

void main(void)
{
//int i=0;
//BAUDCTLbits.BRG16=0;
//SPBRG = 0b01000000;
TXSTA =0x24; // TX enable BRGH=1
TRISC=0b10000000; // RX
RCSTA=0x90; // continuous RX
delay();
while(1)
{

TXREG = 'K';
delay();
wait:
if(TXIF==0 )
{
goto wait;
}

break;
}

}//END MAIN

Hey man,

Yeah it helped me ultimately to write data from matlab to the pic, however, i cant seem to write from the pic to matlab... If you know of how to correct my code, please let me know...

Thanks

i have only sent it to com port adn that too not with matlab.I guess any of the PIC gurus here can answer that!

actually there are many! i think only the 'Matlab' word turn them off.Start a new post and be a bit more general like 'How do i control the computer with the PIC,that would not give you any specifics on matlab but at least you will know how data is sent to a specific software such as take LAbview i bet many have worked with it. A liitle work and you will be able to convert it for matlab!

PS:If any body else is reading this post then cna i ask whether Quantiphi(a blockset of simulink 3rd party) offers a trial version cause i have made a temp controller in statelfow which according to the Quantiphi people can convert it on to PIC18 code but i dont have access to it even in college much less at home!It costs 2grand and i dont have that kind of money(atleast for a Blockset)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…