Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

WoW Users Unite!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krumlink

I bought wow 2 days ago, and I already got a SIR PWNZ GUY. I got teh cash, teh armor, and teh guild. How are you doing in WoW?

(WoW stands for World of Warcraft)

Include a screen shot and general info:

Lvl 12 Orc Warrior

Gurzois

Attachments

• me!.JPG
    me!.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 290
THat game will steal your soul. Sell it. Sell it now.

I failed my one and only course because of that game. And it pushed two of my friends over the edge to drop out of engineering.

I believe I was a level 54 Night Elf Hunter when I sold the game and I spent my last 2 weeks killing any newbie who walked into the towns in the first two contested zones. Ashenvale and that mountain range place, Talon something-or-other. I did this all day before I finally sold the game.

Last edited:
nothing like paying $60 for a game to begin with, then having to "rent" the game for $15 a month, if you want to play it. Not to mention there's no skillz involved, just time, lots and lots of time. $60+$180(year worth of wow crack)=$240 game you didn't actually buy, you have the box and the CD, but unless you want to fork over another $15 all that time you've spent in the game amounts to nothing.

Would you be surprised if I told you that my younger brother makes 250 $ per month income from this game, and he does not play it very often :)

IMHO, there's one PC game and one only: Call of Duty 4

I play WoW on and off. I don't get to raid much lately due to work and my daughter, but when I do play I try to do it while drinking. Makes the WoW experience so much better.

Here's my main.

pitronix said:
Would you be surprised if I told you that my younger brother makes 250 $ per month income from this game, and he does not play it very often :)
what's he do, hack people's accounts? :D

HiTech said:
IMHO, there's one PC game and one only: Call of Duty 4
Give Crysis a spin. IMO it has a better storyline. Multiplayer CoD4 wins hands down though. I do need to buy it -- I can only play LAN games because I'm borrowing my friend's copy.:(

Crysis takes a pretty crazy computer to play.

I LOVE WoW! Its in my top 3 Favorite PC Games:

1. Half life 2
2. World of Warcraft
3. Rise of Nations Gold

Krumlink said:
Crysis takes a pretty crazy computer to play.

I LOVE WoW! Its in my top 3 Favorite PC Games:

1. Half life 2
2. World of Warcraft
3. Rise of Nations Gold

I prefer older games. Games today are all about graphics and special effects. Those things are good of course, but I feel gameplay has suffered tremedously - graphics and sound effects are all they're interested in!!!

Ever played a game like... oooh I dunno, there's loads. Cannon Fodder?

Brian

crusty said:
call of duty may look great, but the gameplay ain't there, too much spam.
What spam? The trailers? That doesn't count as spam. I think there's very good game play... especially over the Novalogic series of war games. BHD wasn't bad but it got old relatively fast and didn't have the graphics intensity.

I'm a bit of a BF1942 loony, you can usually find me on the Midway map using my not so popular but winning tatics
I like Midway, too! Chances are, you've pwned me several times over (I go by relatively generic player names).

But let's be honest, guys: video games are time killers. So what? Sometimes you need to kill a little time. Just don't let it ruin your life. Remember that your successes in any game are rarely transferable to the real world. If there's anything you can take at all from playing video games, it's that tenaciousness and persistence can yield success - put that ethic into effect in your real world, and you'll be set for life!

Beware! It's the armchair-comfort and do-overability that's so attractive about video games. Even Hugh Hefner was addicted to Pac-Man. Hugh Hefner! Can you imagine? All those hotties and cash, and Hugh's playing Pac-Man! If Hugh can be lured away from his life by the siren call of video games, what chance do the rest of us suckers have?

blueroomelectronics said:
I'm a bit of a BF1942 loony, you can usually find me on the Midway map using my not so popular but winning tatics :)
Not so popular tactics? ... I'll reinstall it...it never liked my computer. Random lockups, etc. Compatibility mode does nothing. Ever do Desert Combat? I'm a beast at the helicopters -- can do hovering captures, etc with the Apache:D . However, my joystick recently died. Still recognized on USB, but no button input works. Checked the connections; they're all still fine. Any ideas?

WoW does suck the life out of you. One of my best friends is raiding right now (3 or 4 times a week) so he's completely unavailable for 3.5 hours. I am thinking about buying it and playing with him, though...:rolleyes:

Well I used to go by Captain Crunch, now I go by my name here. Captain Crunch was often hated by the really awful players and some good players too.
I like to throw Plane campers (who can't fly) overboard, I like to beach the Fletcher and use it as a shore gun. Can't fly too well but I can shoot down planes and sink most ships easy enough with the tank. Got my moneys worth on BF1942 (and no monthly fees)

HiTech said:
What spam? The trailers? That doesn't count as spam. I think there's very good game play... especially over the Novalogic series of war games. BHD wasn't bad but it got old relatively fast and didn't have the graphics intensity.
spam as in everyone throws their grenades in very small maps. The game isn't that great. Not to mention all the n00bs spamming through walls. battlefield 2 and 2142 has taken most of my game time.

crusty said:
spam as in everyone throws their grenades in very small maps. The game isn't that great. Not to mention all the n00bs spamming through walls. battlefield 2 and 2142 has taken most of my game time.

I don't find it to be a problem. Play on hardcore servers with rules about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back