Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wow nice site, bout time....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky_Tony

I've waited awhile for a good electronics site to be able to share ideas and questions I have. Stumbled across this site looking for something totally different, and was side tracked and intrigued to where I forgot what I was originally looking for! Anyway I hope to have posts up soon so that I can get input on some various electronics issues I've been wondering about.
I'm also an automotive technician, and if anyone had any questions about crappy four wheel junks that seem to always have endless issues, try me, you never know. (This goes as far as automotive/performance, diesel, industrial, and marine too.) I might be young and crazy, but I kept my mouth shut and ears open when necessary.

HAVE FUN EVERYONE!!!

Well here in the states I cant say that we have very many Holden's here, dosn't really matter though. What kind of factory VSS (vehicle speed sensor) does it have? Is it cable or electronic? What kind of gauge? Most stock electronic VSS are of the Hall Effect type, which are two wires and should be a twisted pair, for shielding. If electronic, most stock VSS will work with aftermarket gauges. There is a spec on the 'resolution' that has to be close to the aftermarket gauge, meaning how many pulses per mile. The aftermarket gauges usually have a pretty wide range to allow many different types of sensors, something like 8,000-20,000 pulses per mile. I probally should be saying km/hr.... lol. Anyway if the stock vehicle has a cable driven speedo, then the gauge supplier should have there own sensor that converts it to an AC signal, much the same as stock electronic VSS. Depending on the vehicle, sometimes the aftermarket sensor could be hooked to the cruise control unit, or right out of the transmission. Hope this information was helpful, let me know what happens.

Sparky_Tony said:
I've waited awhile for a good electronics site to be able to share ideas and questions I have. Stumbled across this site looking for something totally different, and was side tracked and intrigued to where I forgot what I was originally looking for! Anyway I hope to have posts up soon so that I can get input on some various electronics issues I've been wondering about.
I'm also an automotive technician, and if anyone had any questions about crappy four wheel junks that seem to always have endless issues, try me, you never know. (This goes as far as automotive/performance, diesel, industrial, and marine too.) I might be young and crazy, but I kept my mouth shut and ears open when necessary.

HAVE FUN EVERYONE!!!

Yes, this site is what I have been looking for for many months!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back