Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Would this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ormo

Hi,

The circuit I've attached will create a single digit in a display. The circuit is a seven segment display with 2 LEDs making up each segment. The LEDs and resistors finally arrived and I want to make sure that my circuit it correct before I go and solder it all together. Does it look like it would work?

In case the writing hasn't scanned properly the chip is a CMOS 4511 which is a 7-segment common cathode display driver.

Attachments

• scanned0002.JPG
    scanned0002.JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 144
Can anyone tell me if the above would work... I'm itching to get going but I don't want to waste my LEDs and resistors..

Your CD4511 does not have a power supply so it will not work.
If the power supply voltage is only 5V then the minimum output voltage of the CD4511 is only 3.4V and it will not be able to drive two LEDs in series.

Should have mentioned... the 2 wires that lead off in the top right are the power supply wires

What will its output voltage be with a 9v supply?

What will its output voltage be with a 9v supply?
Don't you have the datasheet for the CD4511?
It shows a max output voltage drop of 1.4V when its supply is 10V and its output current is 20mA. Then its minimum loaded output voltage is about 7.5V with a 9V supply and an output current of 20mA. Its typical loaded output voltage will be about 7.8V with a 9V supply and an output current of 20mA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back