Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Working with P89v51RD2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jagzviruz

Hi al .. ong time since i have posted ... i got this small query .. plzz refer this circuit. ..**broken link removed**
In the MAX 232 connections , will it be ok if i short

R1IN to R2IN
T1OUT to T2OUT
R2OUT to R1OUT
T1IN to T2IN

I was wondering if one of the pins fails then the other might help me still continue programming ..

Ideas plzzz

You mean paralleling the drivers? Perhaps not correct as no two elements will be identical it will lead to damaging the drivers.

Last edited:
jagzviruz said:
yep .. guess .. i'll stick to replacing the damaged ic ...

what do you want to achieve by paralleling? instead, you loop the inputs and use the outputs individually for different purposes if you feel that one can't take load. in fact if the interconnecting cable is not long enogh even the MAX itself could be bypassed. afterall one out put and one input. It seems just because you have a second set and idle, perhaps you want to connect them in parallel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back