Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Working with Freq

Status
Not open for further replies.

epilot

Hi,

Just like to know if there is any circuit to convert the ultrasonic freq caused by a bat audible?
something like dividing the freq by2 or 3?

again is this possible and is there any circuit to convert the audio into ultrasonic? something like doubler or...?

many thanks

The down converted sounds from bats will be just "clicks". You won't hear them talking to each other about YOU!:D

Some modern sound cards can sample at up to 190khz. That gives you a max detection frequency of 96khz. The first hit I found on google says bats go up to 100khz. Close enough.

audioguru said:
The down converted sounds from bats will be just "clicks". You won't hear them talking to each other about YOU!:D

LoL, yea I know, but wanted to be sure that they are not talking about me ;)

well I was think about a circuit which is able to mulitiple the comming freq by 2 or 3 and perhaps devide it by 2 or 3! no I am not taliking about heterodyning, but something like a chip which is able to convert the audio and ultrasonic spectrum...

A phase-locked-loop IC can be combined with a counter IC to multiply a digital frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back