Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Working of ULM2803

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool25

Hi frns!!

I'm a second year student and currently working on project that controls the speed of the DC motor using microcontrole 'PIC'.

Speed of the motor is fedback to the PIC using opto-encoder which converts analog value of speed into digital value.
Comparing the dutycycle of actual speed with that of the refernce speed, a new wave of different dutycycle is generated using PIC. It is send to a motor drive which inturn controls the power supply of the motor accordingly.

I'm facing a small trouble in using the motor drive for that. Someone suggested me to use IC ULM2803 for this purpose. It controls the output current depending upon the input wave (Input- PIC, Output- DC motor) and Supplies the variable current to the motor and hence helps in maintaing a constant speed in case extra load is added. But i'm not sure about this working of ULM2803.

Can anyone please brief me about the working of ULM2803 or suggest some another method for that.

Thanks

The ULN2803 is simply a darlington array. The normal way to achieve what you are attempting is to use a H-Bridge driven from the PWM module of the pic or, if only single direction is required a MOSFET driven be the PWM module.

Mike.

Thanks a lot Mike for your suggestion.
I would be highly obliged if you could elaborate your point a bit.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back